Having a Very Merry Missguided Christmas

10:00 AM

Dress - Missguided
Boots - Missguided
Backpack - Missguided
Christmas tree - Roommate's :P

When is it officially too late to post my Christmas OOTD? Before NYE still good?

Though I shared my look on Instagram already, I wanted to give it the proper blog treatment as well since, even though it came late in the year, it's easily one of my favorite looks of 2016. Like last Christmas, the holiday ended up being a bit warmer than it usually is around here this time of year. It wasn't quite as warm as last year because of the rain, but it was warm enough to wear a dress without tights and that's saying something!

The highlight of this outfit, for me, is my over-the-knee boots. I've been talking about OTK boots on the blog literally since December 2015 and in person for even longer. I finally took the plunge and purchased these on Black Friday. What set these apart from the actual hundreds I've looked at and never committed to over the last year were those heels. I love how different they were and as much as I love a good metallic heel or glittery twist, this transparent look really piqued my interest. My dad even commented on them after our Christmas lunch, and he never notices fashion choices!

I've showcased this dress here before and thought it was time to take it out of the closet again. It was the perfect choice for a chillier, but still surprisingly warm December day (thanks, global warming...). Plus, with the off-white color, it seemed like it stand out from the traditional reds of the holiday season. (Apparently, I like to go against the grain when it comes to color schemes.)

As for my backpack, it's officially replaced my everyday purse as my go-to bag. It expands to be big enough to fit my lunch for work. It's compact enough that I don't feel weird just throwing in my wallet and running out the door. Plus, it's velour and helps me still feel like a fashionista, even when I'm just in a Christmas sweater and boots.

My family, like Thanksgiving, doesn't do much for Christmas, but I still had a lovely, quiet, and relaxing holiday... that is, until the news about George Michael died and I got called into work. Still, it was great to be in the spirit with friends and family. I hope you all had a lovely holiday as well, whatever you celebrate!

You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. That's a gorgeous sweater, I hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year to you :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweater!! Love your boots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I am so in love with that hi-neck dress. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas & NYE.

    Wish you a glorious 2017 :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute boots!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and cozy! Hope you had Happy Holidays!

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is pure perfection, I LOVE everything about it! The sweater dress looks so cozy and I love the off white color and it look so good paired with those beautiful OTK boots, I love the lucite heel! I hope you're having a wonderful start to your new year so far, beautiful, may it be filled with lots of peace, joy, love, and much success!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I wasn't sure if it would be too similar in color, but I'm glad you like it! You too, Jalisa!

      Delete
  7. You look so cute, the outfit is gorgeous!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so adorable! Love this sweater dress! :) xo~ Lena
    www.thewanderliste.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Missguided! They have such affordable a trendy clothes! Happy New Year and have an amazing rest of the week!

    xoxo Rina Samantha
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! They're the best! Thank you :) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  10. I love this outfit on you, it's so stylish and yet totally winter appropriate thanks to the warm material and OTK boots! Happy New Year :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Yes, it's definitely one of my favorite winter outfits. Thank you, and you too!

      Delete
  11. I love this outfit! It looks so warm and cosy :) Happy New Year by the way!! x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cosy dress! Happy New Year!

    ANOUK

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great Sora! Happy new year my dear! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is absolutely lovely and so cosy! :) You look super cute. <3 I too had a pretty quiet Christmas, but I didn't personally mind it. I was quite happy just relaxing. :) <3 xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is the softest, warmest dress I own. :) Yes, as long as I have some time to relax, I'm alright! Glad you had a relaxing holiday!

      Delete
  15. You look lovely! The jumper dress especially is so cozy and nice.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good choice with the over the knee boots! They are perfect, you are adorable!

    xoxo, ︎ rachael
    RachaelBurgess.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter