Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

11:33 AM

Christmas PJs - Boohoo
Sweater - Urban Outfitters

One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the festive music. I'm that person who starts playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving, but with so many good tunes, can you blame me?! I will admit, however, that sometimes, you have to wade through the not-so-great covers to get to the amazing renditions you won't be able to stop listening to.

Between classics and more original songs that have been popping up, I wanted to do another playlist of some of my favorite Christmas songs. Limiting myself to only four last year was brutal. It's only right I share a few more. After all, as Buddy the Elf so expertly says, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

Like last year's playlist from boy bands to a capella groups, here are a few more songs to add to your queue for Christmas Day, apart from the classics.

I Don't Want to Spend Christmas Without You - *NSYNC
Can you tell I love boy bands? Just picture Justin Timberlake serenading you with a ballad, saying he doesn't want to spend one more Christmas without you. Sold yet?

Carol of the Bells - Destiny's Child
As much as I love my boy bands, I'm really here for my girl groups. Destiny's Child's Christmas album as a whole is perfection, but I picked this song for this list because just listen to those stripped down harmonies. Hark the herald angels sing, my friends.

One More Sleep - Leona Lewis
When you're to the final night before the greatest day of the year, Leona Lewis' "One More Sleep" is the perfect summation of excitement, anticipation, and joy. It's the right tempo to suit your restlessness when there's only one more sleep, but to also calm you enough to get through the night so Santa can stop by.

Cuddle Up - Catey Shaw
I actually just discovered this song while writing this post and I had my Spotify on shuffle to keep me in the festive spirits. I loved it so much that I had to include it! It's so true that in the cold weather and with all the love in the air from the spirit of giving, you just want to cuddle up on the couch with some hot cocoa and a Christmas movie.

What are some of your favorite holiday tunes?

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Love your playlist girl. Merry Christmas

    Aly In Wanderland | <3 | New Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aly! Hope you had a great Christmas <3

      Delete
  2. Aww these pics are adorable! I also love start playing Christmas songs in November haha, and I love from old time classics (Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc) to pop and rock Christmas songs (who knew Julian Casablancas from The Strokes could make such a cool AND cute Xmas song? -"I wish it was Christmas today").
    By the way, I had to checked "Cuddle Up" out of curiosity, and I loved it! really cute song! It's in my Christmas playlist from now on ;) Thanks lovely! Hope you had a wonderful day!!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! Yes! I love a mix of the classics and pop covers. I haven't heard Julian Casablancas' song though. I'll have to check it out in preparation for next year. ;) Ooh, I'm so glad I could introduce you to it! I hope you had a lovely holiday!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to listen to these songs. Thanks for the suggestions :)

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah couldn't agree more with the last point! love the song too, it sounds so festive :D

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just the best? Haha, thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  5. The Destiny's Child pick is my favourite for every Christmas - can never get bored of it!

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter