Brock Baker on Being a Warbler and More

10:00 AM

A couple weeks ago, I shared Brock Baker's new video featuring Alyson Stoner as they performed a duet of Rihanna's "Desperado" and Alyson's own "Back to Church." I loved it so much that I jumped at the chance to ask the Arizona-bred singer a few questions.

You got to know a bit about him in the first part of the interview and now, in this half, Brock shares his favorite memories from the Bedingfields to the set of "Glee."

Credit: Jenson Carter

You’ve shared the stage with some incredible performers. What is the most memorable story you have from any of those experiences?

While playing shows with stars from Tori Kelly, Katy Perry, Shawn Hook, Pentatonix to Barbra Streisand, I have to say that my favorite time of all has been what has been created behind the scenes.

I have had the pleasure of creating with the Bedingfields (you know, Natasha, Daniel, Nikola… etc.). One night, we went to sing at Libertines (where the famous jazz nights of LA really started). After a night of dancing and singing with the live band, everyone was asked to leave (around 3 a.m.). I started to walk out when Nikola grabbed my arm and said, “Where are you going?” I replied that they had asked us to leave. She, then, told me I was able to stay after - a room filled with tables, couches, and the most talented musicians in Los Angeles, and I'm just a kid witnessing magic.

Daniel started banging on the tables and singing a melody, then Nikola joined on the harmony. We were on top of the tables (stomp-esque) singing/creating original music and poetry off the cuff and before I knew it, I was singing the next set of melodies. All of a sudden, the emcees would start free styling, spitting out whatever was on their minds. It was effortless and so freeing. I remember how easily we all created what really was something special. The music would come in, whether it was a guitar, a keyboard, or background vocals singing in perfect harmony backgrounds on the spot. There were no people watching, no crowd, nobody to please, just artists using our space as a canvas and our God-given instruments as the paint. I have had so many insane experiences with celebrities that you know and love that I could share in a thousand-page book, but in my opinion, that night was a masterpiece.

Credit: Jenson Carter

What was it like being a Warbler on Glee?

Being a Warbler on Glee was like dating in LA. It’s always fun while it lasts, then you move on. Ha! It really was a wonderful experience. It taught me a lot about the culture of the set life and how a title can affect how people see you or what they expect from you. I was found on Facebook randomly and really was just so grateful to be a part of one of the most influential shows of our last decade. The talent I was able to work with was just out of this world and we didn’t know how far the Warblers would go. We just rode the wave and it was an experience I will always be so thankful for. Tim Davis and Dante Di Lorento really gave me the opportunity and quickly opened up Hollywood to me and they always have my love.

Any upcoming projects you can share?

There is so much in the works right now. Besides working on two new projects of my own (hoping to release this year), I am currently working on/writing for a new kid’s show called Q-Wunder with Alyson Stoner, Chase Ryan, Mark Grilliot, and creator Sofia Dickens, along with being the A&R and writer for 4 other artists currently in pop/country/alternative music. My short film is TBD on release, but hoping for 2016. There’s a lot going on. I’m hoping to keep a foot in as many doors as possible to give opportunities to friends for work and create original art that is the “truth.”

You Might Also Like

67 comments

  1. This was a fascinating read! He's certainly accomplished a lot in recent years; I loved the description of what a night BTS with the Bedingfields was like. Have a lovely week, Sora :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun to learn about the night with the Bedingfields! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  2. Great read. Can't remember Brock from Glee? Not sure if he just looks very different or if it's me haha!

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched Glee so although I don't know the guy, it must have been so exciting for you to interview a celebrity and I'm super happy for you, hun! I think you asked some brilliant questions. :) Thanks for sharing, babe! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a fair share of interviews before, but it was definitely fun to learn more about him as his music was just recently introduced to me, too! Thank you, Kay!!

      Delete
  4. This interview is a very beautiful thing. COngratulations my dear and thank you for your visit. Kisses from Italy,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Bloglovin of Eniwhere Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, and what a great feature. How cool that he's played with so many of talented musicians. Look forward to viewing more from him, and his upcoming short film. /Madison
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It should be interesting!

      Delete
  6. Admittedly I have no idea who Brock Baker is (although I did check out the first part of the interview and that was pretty cool) but he seems to have a lot of stuff going on! It's also refreshing for me to see how he's branching out what with a short film, his writing music, all that stuff. Seems talented, and I loved the BTS story too!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he seems to have a lot on his plate! All exciting projects though. Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  7. Omg what an awesome interview!! I remember seeing him on Glee! One of my favorite shows! I definitely will have to go check out his video!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview, and great post! xo, Sophia from http://www.sistersandglitters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome interview! I can only imagine how that creative process was like. Though I can understand how it is more freeing to create without an audience watching, I would love to be able to watch talented people create and witness how that plays out.

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It sounded so cool. Me too! The process is one of the things that intrigues me the most.

      Delete
  10. Fun post to read, I liked him in Glee.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may seem strange but I have never seen a Glee episode. Like an allien!
    He´s very handsome!
    xx
    Coco and Jeans by Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's okay, there are some popular shows I've never seen either!

      Delete
  12. Lovely interview!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know about any of this! So interesting, thanks for sharing.

    Rachael | RachaelBurgess.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. great interview!!! thanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great interview and you asked really good questions. And wow, I can only imagine what an amazing experience it was for him to stay back and just sing with the Bedingfields.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, it sounded so cool!

      Delete
  18. How awesome is that, that you were able to interview him, such a great opportunity and you asked such great questions, too! He seems very down to earth and has a true passion for the arts all around; I loved the story he told about the BTS Libertines, it sounds like a scene straight out of a movie! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you're having the best week so far, beautiful!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jalisa! I know, I wish I could witness something like that and just be a fly on the wall!

      Delete
  19. Go ahead girl! Interviewing a celebrity! It was fun learning more about him, even though I didn't watch Glee, I'm sure I'll see more of him with all the projects he has coming up.

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for his future projects as well!

      Delete
  20. Great read! x

    Happy weekend,
    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on the interview! So cool you got to meet him :)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just an email interview, but thank you!

      Delete
  22. It's awesome that you got to interview him. Loved reading this post. Have a wonderful weekend, dear <3

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't remember him even though I have seen every single Glee episode.

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great interview my dear! Very interesting!! xxx

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, this is such a wonderful opportunity! <3 Love this post! Hope to hear from you soon! :)

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance | New posts!
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com
    Instagram: @airishabella | @gorgeousglance

    ReplyDelete
  26. I vaguely recognised this guy but it was the Bedingfields that most intrigued me! I haven't heard about them for ages! This sounds like a great experience for you to interview Brock!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great story! I know, me too! Thank you!

      Delete
  27. Awesome. He is such a creative and accomplished guy. So nice to interview him.

    <3 | X ALY | Aly In Wanderland | LATEST: Peachy in the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved Glee! Lovely interview!!
    So handsome!
    Followed on Bloglovin!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my god, I do remember Brock Baker! Oh he was so....cute! Still, is! Hahaha! You're so lucky you got to interview him, he's such a cool guy. I bet he'll go far soon enough <3

    xx   B A S H   |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so cute! I hope so! You can tell his love for the arts is so pure and strong.

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter